Things to Do
Opportunities for entertainment and enjoyment abound in the hill country! This list of some of our favorites is just the tip of the iceberg. If you need even more ideas about all of the wonderful things to do and see in the area, don’t hesitate to ask your wedding coordinator.
Directions to Wimberley Square: Take a left out of the ranch. Follow FM 32 for approximately 6.4 miles. Take a left onto FM 12. (Look for the Valero Station). Follow FM 12 and you will hit Wimberley Square.
Directions to River Road: Follow the directions to Wimberley Square. Continue across Cypress Creek bridge. River Road will be the first stoplight past the bridge.
Listings marked with a (*) are our tried and true, very favorite places in the area. We highly recommend them!
*Bella Vista Ranch – 3101 Mt. Sharp Rd., Wimberley. (512) 847.6514 – Call to make an appointment! This is the ranch that inspired Rancho Mirando to create its own olive grove! Visit the olive grove, frantoio (olive pressing room), and tasting room during their regular business hours. Tours on Saturday at 10:00 AM & 1:00 PM, Sunday 12PM-4:00PM. (Tour starts at noon.)
Blue Hole – Old Kyle Road (Hwy 3237), Wimberley. – Turn down the road between the cemetery and what was formerly the Baptist Church and drive down to the end. This is a Texas treasure and a beautiful spot to enjoy some summertime swimming! Hours: Summers Only Sunday-Thursday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM, Friday, Saturday 10:00AM – 6:00 PM.
Cypress Creek Café – Village Square, Wimberley. (512) 847-0020 – Food and music on the Square! Hours: Open 11 am-9pm daily, late night dinner menu available in The Buzzard Bar.
Emily Ann Theater – 1101 FM 2325 Wimberley. (512) 847.6969 – This precious outdoor theater and garden offers productions and events year round and the grounds are open daily from dawn to dusk.
Heart of Texas Yoga – 111 Old Kyle Road, Suite 100 Wimberley. (512) 663.4278 – Yoga classes, retreats and workshops for all levels. Call or visit the website for schedule.
* Hill Country Excursions – Fischer. (512) 483.1404 – Enjoy the many beautiful vineyards in the area. Sharon Graves is an absolute joy and will take you to several different vineyards for wine tastings and lunch! Hours: Monday-Saturday, 9am-6pm, Sunday 12pm-6pm.
Jade Gardens/Bonsai Nursery – 12404 Ranch Road 12, Wimberley. (512) 847.2514 – An assortment of Bonsai trees for the avid Bonsai lover! Hours: Monday – Friday 10:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Saturday 10:30 AM – 5:30 PM
* Leaning Pear – 111 River Road Wimberley. (512) 847.7327 – Hill country inspired cuisine! We think this is the best restaurant in all of Wimberley! Amazing salads, soups and specials! Hours: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 11:00 AM-3:00 PM, Friday, Saturday 11:00 AM-8:00 PM, Closed on Tuesdays.
Old Mill Store – Village Square, Wimberley. (512) 847.3068 – Handcrafted furniture and gifts can be found in this lovely shop! Hours: Sunday -Thursday 10:00 AM- 6:00 PM, Friday, Saturday 10:00 AM- 7:00PM.
Taste Buds – Village Square, Wimberley. (512) 847.7771 – This is a delightful gourmet food and wine shop with a variety of local products. Specializing in olive oils, salsa and more! Hours: Monday-Thursday 10:00 AM-6:00 PM, Friday-Saturday 10:00 AM-7:00 PM, Sunday 12:00 PM- 6:00 PM.
* The Wild West Store – 13709 Ranch Road 12 – East of the Square, Wimberley. (512) 847.1219 – Over 300 pairs of new and vintage boots! Ask Uli to find you the perfect fit! (She is known as the BOOT WHISPERER for a reason!) Hours: 10:00AM – 5:00 PM
*Wimberley Glass Works – 6469 Ranch Road 12, head to San Marcos – (512) 847.9348 -Watch glass blowing demonstrations and bring home a handmade piece of glass! Hours: Open daily 10:00 AM- 5:00 PM.
Wimberley Market Days – Lions Field, RR2325 ½ mile from the “Y”, Wimberley. – First weekend of the month, March-December. Over 300 booths. Run by Wimberley Lions Club.
Wimberley Players – 450 Old Kyle Road Wimberley. (512) 847.0575 (Tickets) – This Indoor theater presents a full season of shows, Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday matinees.
* Wimberley Pie Company – Hwy 12 just East of the Square, Wimberley. (512) 847.9462 – The MOST delicious pies in the area! Try the buttermilk pie. It will change your life. (We’re not kidding!) Hours: Wednesday, Thursday 12:00 PM – 5:30 PM, Friday 9:30 AM – 5:30 PM, Saturday 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Sunday 12:00 PM – 4:00 PM
* Wimberley Square – A charming Texas village square complete with shops, restaurants and more.
* Wimberley Visitors Center – Wimberley Chamber of Commerce 14100 Hwy 12 (512) 847.2201 – Brochures and information on almost everything in Wimberley. Hours: Monday – Saturday 9:00 AM- 4:00 PM, Sunday 1:00 PM-4:00 PM.
Wimberley Zipline – 512.847.9990 – Call for appointments. A new addition to the Wimberley area! Breathtaking 15 mile views on the highest and longest ziplines in Texas.
[Photos: main, Jennifer Weems | right, Courtesy Rancho Mirando]